Series General Editors:
Gary Ferguson, University of Virginia, author of Same-Sex Marriage in Renaissance Rome: Sexuality, Identity, and Community in Early Modern Europe
Meredith K. Ray, University of Delaware, author of Daughters of Alchemy: Women and Scientific Culture in Early Modern Italy
The Early Modern Exchange publishes studies of European literature and culture (c. 1450-1700) exploring connections across intellectual, geographical, social, and cultural boundaries: trans-national, trans-regional engagements (e.g., Europe and the Americas or the Ottoman Turks, France and Spain, Italy, and Dalmatia); networks and processes for the development and dissemination of knowledges and practices; gendered and sexual roles and hierarchies and the effects of their transgression; relations between different ethnic or religious groups; travel and migration; textual circulation/s. The series welcomes critical approaches to multiple disciplines (literature and law, philosophy, science, medicine, music…) and objects (e.g., print and material culture, the visual arts, architecture), the re-examination of historiographical categories (medieval, early modern, modern), and the investigation of resonances across broad temporal spans.
Series Editorial Board:
Frederick A. de Armas, Professor in the Humanities, Spanish Literature, and Comparative Literature, University of Chicago
Valeria Finucci, Professor of Italian and Theater Studies, Department of Romance Studies, Duke University
Barbara Fuchs, Professor, Department of Spanish and Portuguese and Department of English, Director William A. Clark Memorial Library, UCLA
Nicholas Hammond, Professor, Department of French, University of Cambridge
Kathleen P. Long, Professor of French, Department of Romance Studies, Cornell University
Elissa B. Weaver, Professor of Italian Emerita, Department of Romance Languages and Literatures, University of Chicago
Books in this Series
- Ordering Customs: Ethnographic Thought in Early Modern Venice
Author: Kathryn Taylor.
- Gendering the Renaissance: Text and Context in Early Modern Italy
Editor(s): Meredith K. Ray, Lynn Lara Westwater.
- The Waxing of the Middle Ages: Revisiting Late Medieval France
Editor(s): Charles-Louis Morand-Métivier, Tracy Adams.
- Storytelling in Sixteenth-Century France: Negotiating Shifting Forms
Editor(s): Emily E. Thompson.
- England's Asian Renaissance
Editor(s): Su Fang Ng. Editor(s): Carmen Nocentelli.
- Performative Polemic: Anti-Absolutist Pamphlets and their Readers in Late Seventeenth-Century France
Author: Kathrina Ann LaPorta.
- Innovation in the Italian Counter-Reformation
Editor(s): Shannon McHugh and Anna Wainwright.
- Milton Among Spaniards
Author: Angelica Duran.
- The Dark Thread: From Tragical Histories to Gothic Tales
Editor(s): John D. Lyons.
- Women Warriors in Early Modern Spain: A Tribute to Bárbara Mujica
Editor(s): Susan L. Fischer and Frederick A. de Armas.
- Retelling the Siege of Jerusalem in Early Modern England
Author: Vanita Neelakanta.
- Advertising the Self in Renaissance France: Lemaire, Marot, and Rabelais
Author: Scott Francis.
- The Enemy in Italian Renaissance Epic: Images of Hostility from Dante to Tasso
Author: Andrea Moudarres.
- Involuntary Confessions of the Flesh in Early Modern France
Author: Nora Martin Peterson.